Thursday 2 March 2023

315 xenoblade - the two methods of bringing up the map for fast travel

Dear Readers,

Today I learned how to use fast travel to any previous point in the game and not just in the same map. This is a pretty big thing because the way I was doing it before was a massive pain.

Up until now I've been using the select button to access maps. I didn't bother with the Area Maps option in the X menu. I didn't even look at the menu properly.

Pressing the SELECT or minus button brings up the current area map only, whereas choosing the Area Maps option in the X menu gives you access to all the maps you've seen so far and you can warp to any previously visited area in any previously visited map even if you're in a different map.

Throughout the game it's been pretty annoying the way I've been doing it, because I've been warping to the start and end of areas in order to get to a different map, but now that I'm in Eryth Sea, a place that has no obvious entrance area, I can't use this method anymore. This made me believe I was stranded here until some story point in the game told me otherwise.

Now that I know this isn't the case, over 120 hours in to this game, I'm making this blog post to address this point alone. There are two ways of accessing the map. I've been using the more limited way and it's left me annoyed and bored, like many other things in this game.

Anyway, this'll mean I can go back to doing quests in previous areas too, and I can develop Colony 6 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment