Sunday 25 December 2016

2 FINAL FANTASY II - NO LEVELS OR EXPERIENCE POINTS! NEW RPG STRATEGY

Dear Readers,

Happy Christmas everyone! Today I'll talk about the weirder gameplay aspects of Final Fantasy II.

There are no levels or experience points in this game, which is crazy to imagine. Instead you level up skills and stats depending on your actions in battle.

We went back to the room where we were revived and chatted with the wise old men in there. They explained loads of stuff to us and we'll probably have to come back often to review.

This isn't my first time playing this game. My last playthrough was about 10 years ago and back then, it was the Blood Sword alone that helped us defeat the final boss. So I was thinking about our development strategy and decided on the following:

Everyone will be in the front row.
Everyone will use swords in both hands mainly.
Everyone will learn Cure magic and heal themselves during battle.
Everyone will learn attack magic too.

I don't know if this strategy will be any good, but I'll try it out for now and see how things go. Firion is the protagonist and hero type character, Maria started as an archer in the back row and Guy wielded an axe and speaks like some kind of hulk character. I'm not sure if it's good to develop them in a similar way since they have different personalities, but I'll see what statistics are like after a while developing them and also what challenges lie ahead. If I need to adjust accordingly, I'll do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment