Monday 4 January 2016

3 Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros - More on battling, A and B for Mario & Luigi

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk more about battling.

I've always loved the battle gameplay in this series, Mario using A for his actions and Luigi using B for his. It makes a triumphant return here and the Superstar Saga theme is a lovely throwback too. I realise it'll all change when I meet Paper Mario. The new theme is nice enough too. I heard it from preview videos.

For now I'm just running around battling Goombas and Paper Goombas and beating the earlier expert challenges.

We're usually introduced to an M&L game by pressing A for Mario to jump but here we're introduced to Luigi's B jump instead. That's a nice touch!

Then there's the first couple of Bros. Attacks. The 3D Red Shell is as awesome as it always was. Taking turns kicking the shell and bouncing it off the bad guy was always a defining element in this series and I'm really happy to see it again. The Fire Flower works just like it does in the last game.

The hammers you have immediately from the beginning instead of being gently introduced as you go on. They work just like they do in the last game as well. I was able to crumple the Paper Goombas as well. I wonder if Paper Mario can get crumpled?

No comments:

Post a Comment