Saturday 10 June 2017

60 epic dumpster bear - 6-1 bear in space!

Dear Readers,

Level 6-1 is known as "Future Bear". The world is called "Space Station". The path to fight the evil corporation has led me all the way to outer space!

So I'm on board a space station and the windows show a nice view of a lunar landscape in the background. The music reminds me of Capcom music! Like say, from Mega Man or Street Fighter. The 8-bit beginning reminds me of EarthBound Beginnings music, which I like very much :)

The first red salmon coin is behind the first laser gun, which took me by surprise. Not a nice surprise!

Lots of fiery and electronic hazards here. Those metallic segmented worm things are pretty cool.

Uncharacteristic of this game, the path splits in a pretty wide way! I had to explore both. I found the second red coin on the upper path while ramping and jumping to a high platform.

After the checkpoint, there's another big slope as well as some grind rails. At one point you'll see the third red coin and the bumpers will bounce you away from it and you'll land below. I was worried about this at first, but it seems that was supposed to happen! There's a path under the slope and bumpers where you can wall jump to reach this red coin.

Got 55 points on the target on first attempt. Three bumpers here but they're spaced well apart.

So yeah, cool new world and levels! Those lasers always get me though. They just pop up and "pew!" I'm hit. The parts without the windows kind of look claustrophobic and just one grey colour, but it's nice when the windows come back again.

Got 71 points on second attempt.

Got 100 points on third attempt :) Woo! I actually had to stop and look at the movement pattern for a few moments. The bumpers are spread apart yes, but the target's movements I had to follow closely for a good jumping opportunity too.

No comments:

Post a Comment