Tuesday 15 December 2015

1 Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash - 2-5 Riding the Rails

Dear Readers,

Welcome to my first blog entry! It'll be about Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash for Nintendo 3DS. I've already played up until this point so I'll record from here.

World 2 of the game takes place in a desert in North Africa. I've already completed this world but I had to return because of some unfinished business. In every world, there's toy that comes to life and they ask you to find sweets for them. The toy that lives here is a monkey with cymbals for hands named Crash.

I found all the sweets Crash asked me for in this world but when I went to visit, he only took some of them and disappeared off the radar. I then had to finish another level so he'd appear again. I decided to do 3-1: Trouble in Paradise, which takes place in The Caribbean. On finishing this level I flew back to North Africa in my little Chibi-House space ship to find Crash here in 2-5.

2-5 is notable for its runaway minecarts. They move on their own when you hit the little yellow brake with your plug whip. Not to worry though as they don't move too fast. You'll often have to whip something to swing off to the next platform or pull down a bridge for your cart to cross. The music in this stage has a mild trumpet tune.

I finally find the portal to Crash's house and make my big sweet delivery to him. When he talks, he claps his little hand cymbals with every word.

First, I give him the PEZ Hedz Bearz from USA. I've never seen these before in real life. They're in the shape of teddy bear faces and the ears have different flavoured sweets of their own. He talks about being chased by a bear.

Second, I give him the Salmiakkiruutu from Finland. They're diamond shaped pieces of salty liquorice. The description says they're used like cough medicine. I wonder what they taste like? He talks about going on a one-monkey-band world tour.

Third, I give him the Saure Fruchtgummi Monster from Germany. They seem to be standard sour gums shaped like monsters. He talks about using his cymbals to protect himself from being chased by monsters.

Lastly, I give him the OTOKO UME CANDY from Japan. They're Japanese plum flavoured boiled sweets. He reflects on his life having cymbals stuck his hands, but he says life is too short to feel bitter about it. He seems to be making the most of it at least!

When I give him the last of the sweets he asked for, he rewards me with a Crash outfit so I can dress up like a monkey. At that point I was dressed as a chicken with the Cluckertron costume. I decided to dress up in the new monkey costume for the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment