Friday 3 February 2017

7 new super mario bros. 2 - w1-2: mega mushroom research

Dear Readers,

Now to suss out how to get 9,999 coins on W1-2. There's a Mega Mushroom on this stage, so that'll help clear out some blocks to clear things up.

I still haven't figured out the best way to do things, but so far I've determined that I can clear out the blocks which enclose many Koopa Troopas. Then I can go further underground to make the Koopas themselves respawn, but not the blocks, leaving an open playing field to rack up a Koopa combo.

So far I've been doing shell kicks to clear them out and rack up coins, then going underground and back out to repeat the process. There are other platforms too where I can do Koopa combos, but I haven't come up with the optimum strategy yet. I got over 5,000 coins at one point before I ran out of time, so I'll have to see what the fastest way there is to gather up a load of coins.

One very annoying thing that's happening is that even though I clear blocks out with the Mega Mushroom, invisible blocks still pop up when I'm trying to jump over runaway shells. This happens even in spots where there were solid stair blocks, so I can only break them if there were a second Mega Mushroom in the stage. They get in the way if I try to bounce on the Koopas.

Currently I have 2,199 coins banked for this stage.

Total Coins: 5,977,190
Total Score: 37,371,700

No comments:

Post a Comment