Wednesday 1 February 2017

6 new super mario bros. 2 - w1-1: 9,999 coin maximum reached!

Dear Readers,

I finally did it! I had to do a little adjustment in strategy but I finally got the maximum 9,999 coins in W1-1! Here's how...


I continued the usual strategy of saving the last Goomba in the tall stack, but to speed things up I had to ground pound to get through them a bit faster. Then I cancelled the ground pound by pressing UP before it went too low and stomped the second last one normally.

It was bringing together the idea of a safe strategy and a quick one. It worked out very well!

I finally maxed out at 9,999 coins with some time to spare. Now to move on to the next stage!

Total Coins: 5,958,296
Total Score: 34,953,300

By the way, I found this really nice website with individual high score coin listings for the levels in this game. It can be found here:

http://www.video-games-records.com/max-coins-groupe-g12723.html

This website will come in handy because it'll help me somewhat to determine if a maximum score is even possible in a stage or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment