Thursday 28 July 2016

1 CASTLEVANIA - LEVEL 1, STAGES 01-03

Dear Readers,

I'm playing the original NES Castlevania on the 3DS Virtual Console! It's very hard and also very stressful to play. I also have to take breaks a lot when playing and I like using the Circle Pad Pro for that extra grip.

I've been reading up on it and I learned that you can earn an extra life for the first 30,000 points you earn and another for every subsequent 50,000 points. Grinding for the first 30 will be handy when trying to progress and being a little short on lives. Like say, if you're down to your last life and have 29,000 points, it's worth grinding for that little bit to get an extra life.

Ok! Stage 01! I made my way up to the castle, whipping candles and jumping over the door to make a secret money bag appear. The music that plays is the iconic "Vampire Killer" theme.

Into the castle and here I dealt with zombies and pouncing dog things until I reached the door to the second stage. There's a pork chop in the wall to the right and my first encounter with bats and then mermen when the path went downwards. The platform on the bottom right I could reach by breaking the block above it and dropping down to get another secret money bag. Then it's back up the stairs and on to stage 03.

Like stage 01 it wasn't too tricky. There's an invincibility potion here and in my opinion it doesn't last long enough! It's no Star Man that's for sure! Every little helps further on in the game though. Every time I play this stage I like to collect the axe and the II double shot under the stairs at the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment