Sunday 24 July 2016

10 SONIC DASH - CLASSIC SONIC EVENT

Dear Readers,

I got a nice surprise when I saw that there was an event to play as Classic Sonic from Sonic Generations and play in Green Hill Zone themed stages along with the music. If you collect Mega Drive Sonic cartridges you can unlock him without having to pay for him. They're labelled "Genesis" cartridges instead of "Mega Drive" ones though. There are Sonic & Knuckles lock on carts to collect among them.

I came back to the game after a while and I couldn't do this event anymore. Classic Sonic is still there but there's a price tag of EUR6.49 to pay for him. I thought I had 8 days to do the event? What's going on?

This free-to-play Android thing is getting more and more annoying :(

Wait... hang on... I just went in and out of the options menu and the event thing seems to have been restored. Baffling!

I'll still hang around and enjoy it.

You have to collect 623 of these cartridges. That's more than it took to unlock other characters, but why 623? At first I thought it had something to do with Japanese goroawase wordplay, but then it came to me: It stands for the 23rd of the 6th, which is Sonic's birthday! Nice reference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment