Friday 8 July 2016

38 FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS - CONFLAGRANT PENNON HUNTING ONLINE WITH JOE

Dear Readers,

Joe very kindly obliged to help me obtain a Conflagrant Pennon from the abberant Phoenix and the very most of this session was all about that! At this point he was EL318 Thief and I was EL129 Monk.

Quest 1: "Eternal Firebird"

Joe brought along Centaurion and Cactuar. I didn't get the Conflagrant Pennon this time.

Quest 2: "Eternal Firebird"

Pennon's another word for wing, so I assumed we had to focus on the wings. Joe brought along his Black Chocobo.

Along the way it was pretty cool that a Flan Princess appeared right at our feet on summoning! It was also kinda scary that the Spectres now have the same black hole move that Diabolos uses.

In the end I got a Conflagrant Torrent but no Conflagrant Pennon.

Quest 3: "Eternal Firebird"

I changed my job for the first time since I was a Freelancer at the start of the game. I changed to Ranger with the idea of being able to shoot up in the air and reach Phoenix's wings. It's kina cool and I can make crystal drones that shoot arrows but I didn't get what I wanted again unfortunately.

Quest 4: "Eternal Firebird"

It's kinda cool, my running animation when I have a bow wielded. It reminds me of Conker's Bad Fur Day when you have the dual machine guns wielded. Lots of quick little steps.

It's difficult enough to keep the target focused on one part of the Phoenix as it sometimes goes off-screen to glide or do a claw attack.

After this I got a Conflagrant Vane and a Conflagrant Torrent but no Conflagrant Pennon. I decided to go back to being a Monk.

Quest 5: "Eternal Firebird"

Thanks again Joe for your patience! I didn't get the Conflagrant Pennon again but Joe did encase Phoenix. He got 2 Conflagrant Pennons! Gah!

After this we took a little break before heading out again.

Quest 6: "Eternal Firebird"

It was a very quick battle with Phoenix. I've started using the Weaponised Palm move and it's pretty good. Still no Conflagrant Pennon though.

Quest 7: "Eternal Firebird"

FINALLY! I got 2 Conflagrant Pennons from beating Phoenix this time! I don't know if it was because I landed the final blow(if I did land the final blow) or not but I'm just so happy I was finally able to make Stargleamers! I guess I didn't need to switch jobs after all!

Quest 8: "The Struggle Against the Battle-God"

Finally a different quest! At least I was able to claim my reward for filling the aberrant Phoenix quota! That's why I chose this quest too, to fill the aberrant Odin quota. Joe tried out the Machinist job and found it wasn't for him, so we gave up to try again.

Quest 9: "The Struggle Against the Battle-God"

Odin got a few severe hits on us but it didn't take us long to defeat him! I encased him on Joe's request. It was the least I could do for dragging him through all those Phoenix quests!

That was our session. I like the glow the Stargleamers add to my fists! I'm noticeably more formidable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment