Monday 8 August 2016

1 FINAL FANTASY - FRESH START!

Dear Readers,

I started a new game of Final Fantasy! This is the Dawn Of Souls version on Game Boy Advance, which is my favourite version of the game. I haven't played it in 10 years. Gonna play it now again!

The characters and classes I picked were as follows:

Rocket, Monk
Nova, Fighter
Joseph, White Mage
Chris, Black Mage

Nova and Joseph are friends I play with in online games of Final Fantasy Explorers, where we pick similar roles. Chris is another of our friends. Thought this was a nice set up :)

In my last playthrough, I chose Fighter, Thief, Red Mage, Black Mage. This was inspired by the 8 Bit Theater webcomic which was popular back then.

I spent a good amount of time visiting Cornelia Castle and its surrounding town. The king wanted to see us and he addressed us as the crystal bearers. This is also the title of one of my favourite Final Fantasy spin-offs :) Anyway, he wanted his daughter Sarah rescued from Garland, who kidnapped her and ran off to his lair in the northwest. I chatted around and met Sarah's mother and sister, who were very worried about her.

I made sure to equip my mages with spells. Going after Garland was slow as I kept running back to the town inn to refresh, especially with all the stat boosts for the first few levels. Goblins and Goblin Guards were the monsters I encountered the most. Rocket got KO'd a few times. Great thing about him though is that he doesn't seem to need weapons after a while! Kind of better off with the bare fists! I love the punching sound in this game when he attacks. I don't think I'll get tired of it anytime soon, so that's a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment