Monday 1 August 2016

4 CASTLEVANIA - LEVEL 4, STAGES 10-12

Dear Readers,

Hoo boy. This fourth level was a nightmare. All the way down into this swampy place with a bad water hazard. I died a lot on Stage 10. "Walking On The Edge" plays here and you can get a sense of the severity of this place through this tune.

Those bats and Mermen are unbelievable here. They can just appear and knock you off the moving platforms in a flash. I died many many times here before even progressing, adding to the many human skeletons thrown around here.

Eventually I climbed some stairs to stage 11 and the music changed to "Stalker" again. In this stage I got all these giant birds dropping hunchbacks on me. They're a lot like the Albatrosses in Super Mario Bros. 2 that drop bombs, but no, these hunchbacks are much deadlier than the bombs! They do not stop attacking! At the end of this stage was the first of those long necked dragon skeleton things and I haven't really sussed their pattern either so I always keep whipping until they're gone.

Stage 12 is a hallway of those dragon skeleton necks. The first one has a pork chop in the block next to it which I usually need too. The last one has a large heart in the block next to it.

The Frankenstein monster and hunchback boss I had many game overs to as well. It sucks when getting killed here because I had no luck defeating them with the dagger yet. The dagger is like the only certain weapon I seem to be able to get in stage 12. I eventually did defeat them but man, it's no fun getting a game over and being sent all the way back to the swamp! This happened a lot!

Luckily with the 3DS I can use restore points but I haven't done it yet for this playthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment