Wednesday 9 November 2016

37 FINAL FANTASY - I WILL NEVER GET USED TO MATOYA'S THEME BEING PLAYED IN A DUNGEON

Dear Readers,

When I think of Matoya's theme, I think of a kindly eccentric witch who lives in a cosy cave with her talking broomsticks. I don't think of a post-game dungeon called Hellfire Chasm!

We went to Hellfire Chasm, which is located near the Dragon Caves. This dungeon unlocked after defeating Marilith at Gulg Volcano. We said hello to the elf that was hanging out here and went in.

This dungeon has a floor based on the Ice Cavern, which plays Matoya's theme. I found it weird then and I find it weird now!

The other floors were based on Gulg Volcano's fiery floors that sap health when you walk over them.

Another floor wasn't covered with lava, but it still brought harm no matter where we walked. It was like the Sunken Shrine, only the floor was red hot with the heat. There were bats on this floor too and they moved really quickly for some reason.

Some new enemies we fought too like Dark Elementals. They were running away because we were a bit too overlevelled I suppose. We had to defeat them though to make an entry for them in the bestiary.

Another floor had NPCs! Wow! Is this where they go when they die? There's a game theory for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment