Tuesday 31 January 2017

5 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 - W1-1: OVER 9,000 COINS!

Dear Readers,

I found a new coin scoring strategy on W1-1 that saves me from having to get any warp pipe at all!

What I had to do was stomp every Goomba on the tall stack except for the last one. Then, run to the left out of sight and back again so it respawns fully. This helps to improve time a lot! Bouncing across those musical notes when you're in a hurry can be annoying too, so I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore!

I couldn't shoot the stack though or else they'd all be defeated and I would have to use the pipe again. I reduced the risk by stomping on the Goombas lightly one by one. I also tried doing a ground pound but that was always risky and too often I'd stomp them all or mess up another way.

My highest coin score so far on this stage is 9,776. It's enough to break a scouter in an outburst, but I still gotta reach the maximum! Not far now!

Total Coins: 5,889,074
Total Score: 27,805,150

No comments:

Post a Comment