Wednesday 27 April 2016

1 3D Noughts & Crosses - V1 & V2

ZX Spectrum Vega game #0005 & #0006

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this game, which is a bit cerebral. I understand that you can get winning patterns spread across different boards, but looking for winning patterns is very tricky in this version of the game. Inputting co-ordinates instead of having a selection mechanism is an absolute pain and always breaks my concentration. I suppose this was before such things were invented though. I played and lost 3 games in V1 and 1 game on V2. V1 has a 3D illustration at least but V2 has labelled co-ordinates. V2 also has this weird thing that can crash and send you into the code if you input the wrong thing.

I first played a version of this game called 3rd Dimension on the Macintosh, which had a mouse, so I can't imagine wanting to play such a primitive version where you have to type 3 co-ordinate numbers to make a move.

No comments:

Post a Comment