Sunday 24 April 2016

2 1999 - More Gradius Comparisons

Dear Readers,

I played this game a bit more. That high score entry is kind of insane. I can spell out my full name in there!

I got a Micro SD card for my Vega. Now I can have a single save point per game, which means scores will be saved and redefined keys will be saved. Thank goodness!

The power up system for this game is as follows:

1st - 5,000 points
2nd - Extra fire on screen at once
3rd - Hold the fire button to keep shooting
4th - Extra life

Similar to Gradius but also different. There are no speed power ups, thank goodness. There are also some important decisions to make. When I got to the Wall of Hades I had the 5,000 highlighted. I wondered if I should bank the points or wait. Then I lost a life and lost the chance too. I didn't get any further, but now at least I can save scores and keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment