Tuesday 19 April 2016

24 Final Fantasy Explorers - Online with Joe and Lou, My Return From A Brief Hiatus!

Dear Readers,

It's been a small while since I played this game online with my American friends. Last week the internet went out in my area and I missed out. I was also too tired another evening to play when the internet came back. I'm back now though!

No Nova this time, but Joe brought his friend Lou to play, so we still had a band of three! At this stage, Joe was EL 225 Blue Mage, Lou was EL 42 Ranger and I was EL 103 Monk.

Quest 1: "Sovereign of the Skies"

Joe wanted to encase Bahamut this time. He was having a bit of internet trouble, so Lou and I had to finish it off together. We did encase it though!

Quest 2: "Aptitude Exam: Dragoon & Sage"

Nice and quick quest done just outside Libertas!

Quest 3: "A Bitter Pill"

Poor Joe disconnected again and Lou and I had to finish all those Malboros off. It got a bit hectic but we managed it!

Quest 4: "Cloaked in Darkest Ebony"

Diabolos is tricky at any level. I'm not sure if I've ever avoided getting an instant KO from him. Two of us had Cloud Magicites and it looked a bit strange but cool!

Quest 5: "Freezing Fangs"

Beat the Fenrir handily.

Quest 6: "Zantetsu Master"

Joe wanted to encase this one too. Must be crafting something big. Unfortunately, I disconnected from the others. Nothing wrong with the connection, but my 3DS disconnected anyway and I didn't regain access for ages.

After about an hour, I finally was able to connect and Lou had finished for the evening, so it was just Joe and me.

Quest 7: "The Royal Cleaver"

Still trying to complete the Tonberry King sub! Feels like it's taking forever. I didn't get an instant KO this time :)

Quest 8: "A Queenly Duet"

I mainly picked this to complete the Shiva and Dryad subquests. Joe wanted to encase Shiva. I failed my encase move and accidentally defeated her... whoops! He also had a cool Black Chocobo along which knew some kind of meteor move.

Quest 9: "Royal Cleaver"

Yup! Again! I finally completed the subquest quota with this though :) I got an instant KO at one point... Just when I thought I was starting to get luckier too!

Quest 10: "Bomb Bomb Bomb!"

This was quite fun. The three big Mom Bombs gathered together to gang up on us but it makes them an easier target when they're all in a bunch.

Quest 11: "Beyond the Fortress to the Queen"

I picked this because Shiva was involved again and I wanted to make it up to Joe for accidentally defeating her earlier in our session! He managed to encase her this time! There was one funny moment where I was hit with a severe attack from her immediately after Joe revived me, only to instantly fall in a KO again. Thankfully he revived me again!

Between eidolons, we explored every nook and cranny and picked up everything along the way. It took forever between Lake Tinze and Sacred Tree Woll. Lots of areas between these two points. It took about three quarters of an hour, almost the entire time limit!

After this quest, we stopped for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment