Tuesday 12 April 2016

1 Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Tails All Emerald Run

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about a complete emerald run I did using Tails. I'm using Tails because I want to explore and try to get more used to Super Ring locations. It's good to gather intel this way!

I also forgot that you have to have all Super Emeralds to have any Super Form at all with Tails! It doesn't work with just the Chaos Emeralds.

I found an extra Super Ring under the waterfall in Angel Island Zone Act 2 this way.

There are two big dips and a ramp launching you upwards in Hydrocity Zone, where you can find Super Rings with good timing. One of them is to the left of shifting platforms and the other is above two cylindrical spinning platforms and can be reached with Sonic as well.

I took FOREVER looking for rings in Marble Garden Zone. Ran out of the 10 minute time limit several times in both Acts!

Had trouble with Dr. Robotnik here as well. He's pretty tough here when using Tails. I had to stock up on lives.

I think I got all the Chaos Emeralds by the time I reached Carnival Night Zone but I don't remember right.

Later on in Mushroom Hill Zone, I found at least 6 Super Rings. Well worth taking your time here!

Found another 2 or 3 Super Rings in Flying Battery Zone that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. One of them you have to push spikes aside and another is to the left of a lot of springs.

The game went quite smoothly from then onward and to the end of the game. I was using a SEGA Saturn controller and a USB connector to play on PC. It's not the Japanese one that everybody seems to love more. I like that one but I really like this one a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment