Monday 29 May 2017

2 arms - playing with motion controls, don't hit the tabletop!

Dear Readers,

During the next global testpunch session I tried the game with motion controls in tabletop mode.

They're ok and are super satisfying when you land a hit, but not when you get punched! Try not to flail around in frustration when you do! Flick to launch and tilt to guide the punch. Tilt both to move around.

Also, moving backwards is very similar to blocking and that proved to be very frustrating when I wanted to move but ended up blocking. Might just be a matter of getting used to. I'm not used to blocking in general.

Just like last time, the volleyball was a nightmare. I couldn't suss it and losing is really frustrating when you just flop on the ground all the time!

I still don't like when there are more than two players in the arena. It's not as ugly as Smash Bros is but it still gets messy for a beginner.

The team battle where you're chained to your partner is really frustrating for a beginner too because I'm pulled along like in Knuckles Chaotix or something. It's another thing to get used to

I won't write off the motion controls because I think it may be just a matter of getting used to them after all. It's basically fun to flick your fist off into the distance!

Also I noticed the Joy Cons weren't charged, even though my Switch was fully charged. It turns out the Joy Cons don't charge when you have the console powered off! I'll have to leave it on sleep mode in future while charging.

Last but not least, I got so into the fight that I hit the table with my hand! Ouch! Be very careful when playing in this mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment