Friday 5 May 2017

34 epic dumpster bear - 3-5 platform edge jumping

Dear readers,

Level 3-5 is known as Dumpster Sweat. Doesn't sound very pleasant! Imagine dumpsters in the desert... Ugh!

This stage has lots of platforms that rise and lower, like the ones in Super Mario Bros. world 1-2, just before the exit pipe.

The first red salmon coin I thought I had missed because it took ages to get to it, but no it can be clearly seen. You have to time it with the moving platforms though. Better to do it from the right side I found.

The second red salmon coin is hidden well. Beyond the checkpoint and just beyond two platforms with spiked balls there are two sets of moving platforms right next to each other, one set going down and the other going up. Make a running jump off the one going up to reach a platform with a red coin on it. Continue on this high ground to reach a secret exit warp that goes to level 3-Y. You really have to run and jump from the edges of the platforms though! Took me a few tries to make it over there.

I went back into the level and covered the same ground. At one point, I got two homing missiles to collide into one another which was neat :)

The third red salmon coin can be seen after the moving platforms get shorter. Use them to jump up to where you can collect it.

Got 95 points on the target. Argh! Went right back into the level to do it again. When I did though, the music only came out of the left speaker, which was weird. I had to reboot the game to make it go back to normal.

It's a tough stage! At one point I forgot about a homing missile following me from the left. I stopped moving and it snuck up behind me. Gah! Anyway, I got the 100 points when I redid the target :)

No comments:

Post a Comment