Saturday 20 August 2022

121 xenoblade - lady melia joins the party

Dear Readers,

Reyn and I made it back to the others with the crystals. Sharla used them for something to shoot out of her ether rifle into the sky. The particles from the shot got absorbed by the injured young lady's body and she got better.

The young lady opened her eyes and saw me asking if she was alright. She got startled and slapped me. She quickly apologised though. She introduced herself as Lady Melia.

Melia had a posh accent and wouldn't discuss why she was here or what she was doing with common folk like us. We had no trouble sharing anything with her though. We told her we were going to the Bionis head. She said she would join us. I was delighted. Sharla and Reyn found her a bit much though.

When she joined I got a tutorial about Spike abilities. From here on, new enemies can deal damage and inflict debuffs automatically. There are counter spikes, down spikes and close spikes detailed here. I can neutralise spikes by using my new purge ability or with a spike defence gem equipped. Counter spikes can be neutralised by inflicting topple. Whew. More mechanics introduced.

With the new party member Melia, I got a dialogue tutorial about her abilities. She has something called Elemental Discharge and can use this without worrying about the talent gauge if she has an elemental summoned. If they're filled though, they're more powerful and she goes into a burst state. Dunban and Sharla are in this dialogue too as if they're trying to make sense of her abilities. I'll learn more about them in practice soon. Not sure if I'll use her yet. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment