Saturday 5 March 2016

1 Fantasy Zone - Short First Sessions!

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about playing the first few brief sessions of the SEGA Master System version of Fantasy Zone! I'm playing this on the SEGA AtGames Arcade Gamer Portable.

The first few sessions were brief indeed! It's a very hard game, though it looks as cute as a button. After destroying two of those bases, the shop appears. Or at least it seems to when I get $2,000 in coins. I didn't know what was what yet, so I chose the Laser Beam.

Wow! it's a pretty good weapon and tears through the other bases! Only thing is though, it runs out and it disappears if you die, even if you have it unequipped. The price also inflates the more you buy it. Kind of a dilemma.

After several game overs I just stared at the title screen and the demos played for a while. After demos of the first 7 stages play, the story text scrolls from the title screen. It talks about the enemy trying to take over the Fantasy Zone by taking advantage of the collapsing interplanetary monetary system. No wonder shopping is so difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment