Wednesday 4 May 2016

1 ACE 2088 - Mind Boggling Space Sim

ZX Spectrum Vega game #0019

Dear Readers,

Oh deary me this is gonna take ages to learn. Is this Elite or something? I haven't played that game but it seems like one of these. The first thing that scared me was all the primary and secondary controls on the ZX Spectrum Vega's information screen!

Next was all these options on where to go on the star chart and what planet to go to. Then there's the "Hostile" and "Allied" statuses. I assume I attack the hostile ones to take over them and make them allied?

So I'm flying in the fighter ship, trying to make sense of everything and shoot a few bad guys but mostly see space so I head for the planet. Then it goes into the planet's orbit and I keep trying to find enemies but they end up destroying all of my ships.

Then the music changes in the menus, but I still have access to all these menus, even though I can't do anything. What's going on in this game?! I need to read up on it somewhere. Thankfully, there are more detailed instructions on worldofspectrum.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment