Monday 16 May 2016

PAULI'S ADVENTURE ISLAND - MY FIRST ANDROID EXPERIENCE

Dear Readers,

The other day I bought an Android tablet! I never owned one or a smartphone before. I'm still getting used to it and I'm dying to try out a few things with it. One of these things is to play a platformer with touch controls.

I'm not sure if I could find a better example than this because this game's really good! It's like a cross between New Super Mario Bros with its level design and ideas and Donkey Kong Country with its solid jump and run platforming. The roll is a good move to do and you also do this when you double jump. I found that you can defeat enemies like this Sonic style and it feels pretty good to do. There are four buttons: LEFT, RIGHT, B for attack, and A for jump.

I played a good bit of this. At a glance there seems to be 4 worlds with 8 levels each. Each level has 3 four leafed clovers to collect and time attack goals for gold crowns. Online rankings too.

I feel this is a good one to start my Android experience with and experience all the advantages and disadvantages it has to offer over proper video game consoles and handhelds.

Between some levels, an advert for another game takes over the screen and plays, so that's definitely something I'll have to get used to with smartphone/tablet gaming. This game didn't cost me any money, but I reckon I'm gonna come across games in future that will have advertising and other stuff like paid DLC, even if they're paid apps.

Apps are service oriented, so someday the service will end and I may not have access to the game anymore. That's another reality I must keep in mind.

Another reality I must keep in mind is that Android is not a game console — it's a Smartphone/Tablet PC operating system. I should expect issues that are normally characteristic of PC usage. Things shouldn't be too bad as long as I keep these in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment