Sunday 29 May 2016

3 TRICK & TREAT - THE 8TH ENDING

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about finding the rest of the endings in this visual novel.

The seventh ending I got was "Lilian princess of destruction". This came about when I refused to help Ashley. I then went back to Lilian, who then enslaved me with her powers and made me carry out awful things in the name of her revenge.

The eighth and final ending is "Lilian Ashley Trick and Treat". It took a while to find the path to this one, but you know what it is when it says "It is then that I notice a path I haven't seen before" and the skip command becomes unavailable again. I quite like this in Ren'Py games, but I wish I could jump instead of the "fast forward" effect the skip command has.

Anyway, on this path I found a toy knight with the name "Lilian" engraved on it. It's her long lost toy! This would turn out to be the key to the best ending in the game! No one gets killed and the expected clashes from some of the other endings come up, but we all talk it through and it ends with some bittersweet farewells. I made it out of the forest safely too.

The credits roll and I got kind of a sad feeling. I can only imagine if someone's playing this game years from now and feels they're missing out on something. If that's you, first of all, here's a *hug* for you. Secondly, wait until after the credits! There's a wonderful scene afterwards that points to a hopeful and happy beginning in the protagonist's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment