Monday 2 May 2016

1 A.T.A.C. - Helicopter Fantasy Zone

ZX Spectrum Vega game #0018

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this helicopter shmup/stg by Gad Shaw. It's kinda fun and you can fly left and right like in something like Choplifter or Fantasy Zone. You just need to shoot a set amount of enemies and collect bonus items.

I like the way you turn slowly but you can aim immediately in that direction, so gameplay doesn't delay or suffer as a result. A lot of games make that mistake of trying to be real instead of being a game!

I love the second level with its sea backdrop and battleships on the horizon. The third level is cool too with its mountains and trees in the background. The tanks are tricky to manoeuvre around though. This is about as far as I got with my highest score being 9,280 so far.

The bonus stage is a little strange, shoot through a Space Invaders-like barricade to take out the enemies above. It's timed and I'm not sure what the goal is. Just shoot as much as you can?

No comments:

Post a Comment