Friday 6 May 2016

28 Final Fantasy Explorers - Three Rounds With An Aberrant Odin, Online With Mario, Joe and Nova

Dear Readers,

We had plenty of trouble with an aberrant Odin this time! At this point Joe was EL264 Blue Mage, Mario was EL227 Monk, Nova was EL161 Samurai and I was EL109 Monk.

Before Nova joined it was just Joe, Mario and me for a while. Nova didn't have this first quest unlocked yet.

Quest 1: "Sudden-Death Shocker"

The quest with the aberrant Odin. The catch with this one was that there were no revivals allowed. Not fun with his one hit Zantetsuken move! Poor Mario was the first to fall, followed by me. I was doing an ok job of it too until Odin got me with a Zantetsuken in the middle of my Omnislash move! I didn't stand a chance! Joe fought on for a good while but he got disconnected.

After this, Joe switched to White Mage and I changed my Magicite to Leviathan.

Quest 2: "Sudden-Death Shocker"

Second attempt! I fell first this time, followed then by Mario. All we could do was lie on the ground and spectate as Joe danced around Odin, trying to get hits in. It was kind of like a weird livestream. You know when you die in multi-player Minecraft, but don't quit right away? It's exactly like that.

It was a long battle. Unfortunately, he fell too.

After this, I asked the others about this "Nullify Death" trait they were talking about. With this, I won't get a one shot KO from Odin's Zantetsuken! I fused an Alraune atmalith with my Cloud's Attire. This was my first time doing this in the game.

Quest 3: "Sudden-Death Shocker"

Third attempt! Didn't get a KO at all and managed to encase that S.O.B! So satisfying! He tried plenty of Zantetsukens, but I was able to counter them instead of getting instantly KO'd! I badly needed that "Nullify Death" thing!

Quest 4: "Twilight of the Gods"

Nova joined us. We went straight for the lower level Odin and made mincemeat out of him. We were still impassioned after having so much trouble with his aberrant form I suppose!

Joe wanted to encase Bahamut so we did. At least three of us made an encase move at the same time! I don't know whose was the one that got him, but yeah, triple encase finish!

Quest 5: "Do the Monster Mash—Again!"

We went for this one again. We stuck together so that we could all get the maximum in spoils.

After this, Joe switched to a different 3DS, as the Circle Pad on the one he normally uses was acting up. He was able to do it easily thanks to having a physical copy of the game. That's the second time that having a physical copy has helped us. The first time was me having to switch due to my water damaged 3DS, made much easier thanks to having a physical copy. I wrote about this in an earlier entry. It would've been much more difficult if it was download only for him and impossible for me. Continuing our gameplay uninterrupted was, as Joe says, thanks to the miracle of physical media!

Quest 6: "Defeat the Goblin Gang!"

Mario wanted to do some low level quests to train up or something. I'm not that sure. I was able to one shot the enemies by doing a Counter and nothing else! That means if they touch me, they drop instantly!

Quest 7: "Guidance from Above"

Lowest level Amaterasu. I had to defeat her just once more for a subquest. Hadn't completed any new one of these for a while.

Not a pushover though! When she spins around with her floating rune stone thingies, they can hit you multiple times and do serious damage!

After this, Mario finished up.

Quest 8: "The Ultimate Inferno"

This Ifrit wasn't too tough to defeat. After we beat it, Cid told us about more Ultimate eidolons out there.

They keep popping up like dandelions, those eidolons. They're dandeidolons :)

At this point I had over 100 hours of game time clocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment