Tuesday 24 May 2016

9 SUPER MARIO MAKER - SCROLLING SKIES BY BOOGIE

Course ID: F05F-0000-0013-3512

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this level by boogie. I gotta ask, is this Boogie2988 of YouTube? I don't know for sure. Other user comments are calling him Francis so I'll just assume that it is for now. Anyway, he makes some pretty great levels! I'll start blogging about his first one.

It's an auto scrolling Mario 3 ground level. Straight away you gotta get out of the way of these two Goombas about to drop on top of you! I died a few times around here between the Goombas and the Bob-Omb hidden in the uppermost block of the pyramid like structure. There are Super Mushrooms in these blocks so I nabbed one of them. Further on there are Fire Flowers.

Lots of Koopa Troopas on the platform up ahead! What I did here was just stomp a couple and kick them in either direction. Cleared the rest out then. In the structure ahead I got a Star Man! This was extremely handy as there were Hammer Bros locked in a safe spot. When you have to deal with an auto scrolling stage, you have to spend more time avoiding hammers! This is why getting the Star Man is the best strategy here.

Afterwards, there were these horizontally moving platforms with Red Koopa Troopas on them. It's really cool to see them move in line with the stage's own auto scrolling! This is the kind of thing you'd expect to see in the original game!

Then it's a bit nerve wracking as the only way further is this skull platform that travels a bit before collapsing. Thankfully there were more platforms ahead that I could jump on. There was a POW block here too and also Lakitu, whom I didn't see until I got hit by one of his Spinies. I hijacked his cloud and went on to beat the level. It's really good!

I don't know if I've said it yet, but I love how blue the sky is. This is what it was like on NES if you had a way to play it in something like full RGB.

No comments:

Post a Comment