Saturday 7 May 2016

1 A Bomb Under Parliament - My First Adventuring on the ZX Spectrum Vega

ZX Spectrum Vega game #0008

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about the first adventure game in the ZX Spectrum Vega list. This is the first one I gave a good try and inputting text is incredibly draining using just four buttons. It's still kind of exciting when you can get a reaction or see something new, but when you're trying all possibilities, it's hellish.

I've taken 131 turns and have scored 2 per cent. Not far at all, but I explored what I could. The only area I can explore is this farmland with a dusty path leading from it. There's a cave with a steel door and a field full of hay and a farmer I keep pestering for hints. I actually got a game over at first from trespassing on his land without knocking on his door for permission first.

The farmer told me about some noise that was happening over a hill somewhere. I couldn't really find anything other than a needle and a hammer and I tried using both on the steel door to no avail. Should I stick with it or move on? Hmm... maybe I'll come back to it. I'd at least like to know what having to look around on a farm has to do with the game title anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment