Thursday 6 April 2017

3 luigi's mansion 2 - going up in the world, online co-op with mop it up and ninsage

Dear Readers,

Did you know the European cover art for Luigi's Mansion 2 glows in the dark? Now you do! After owning the game for four years, my copy's cover has gotten kinda wrinkled and bumpy in the spots where it glows, but it still does glow though!

Bustin's makes ya feel good so I had another online co-op session of this game with Mop it up and NinSage!

For some reason, NinSage wrote on his computer screen in pen to remind him to play the game at our scheduled time. Talk about dedication!

We started with Surprise Mode, 5F, Normal on NinSage's Tower. On one of the floors I stole too many polterpups the others were trying to vacuum. Whoops!

Doing reconnaissance is a good strategy for the rush mode floors. It helps to identify rooms where red coins could pop up and warping wardrobes too.

NinSage had just unlocked Surprise Mode and reckons it's the best one as it brings a different variety of the other modes for each floor.

At one point I got an X3 power vacuum, which was really handy for the Hunter Mode floor as I could suck up loads of ghosts very quickly.

Another time I got the goggles, which was super handy for the Polterpup Floor, as you don't need to use the dark light torch to find ghostly paw prints. You can just see them everywhere they go.

Got an X2 vacuum for the boss which is also super handy.

We did this twice, getting a time of 09:03 the first time and 06:09 the second time. Nice improvements :)

Next we tried Surprise Mode, 5 floors on Hard. Mop it up reckoned we were ready!

In one room we turned it upside down to find ghosts but we just couldn't find any. Mop it up said it could've been a "Door Blocker", which doesn't always show up. I was following NinSage around as he had the goggles and could see every invisible thing.

During the boss I had the heart vacuum, so I was trying to suck them up for hearts, but they kept getting caught in the others' vacuums! Gah! Still, we beat the boss :)

We completed this round in 09:42, my best and only time for this setting so far.

I was very glad there were no disconnects this time :)

NinSage had to go back to work. Mop it up and I continued.

We did Polterpup, 5 Floor, Hard as I hadn't set a completion time for it yet.

On one floor, I thought we had collected all the red coins, but then there was one room we hadn't explored yet. I got it just in time.

My dog catching powers got tripled for one floor and that helped a lot!

For two whole floors I got goggles, which is the best thing for Polterpup mode. Once or twice, the pupper I was vacuuming got away, but thanks to the goggles, I found it quickly again.

The boss took us ages this time. Maybe it was because there were only two of us and we didn't have NinSage. We beat it though and set a time of 10:43.

Next, we did Hunter, 10 Floor, Normal. Increasing the amount of floors and going up in the world! Didn't have a time set for this either. I was feeling good about the online connection tonight!

I got goggle bonuses on a couple of floors. Not particularly useful for Hunter Mode but at least there's a bit of style!

Two more uncharted rooms with red coins, but at least we got them.

Now that we were doing more floors, we saw new ghosts. There were these two Greenies that were dressed like Knights Templar and they were dropping bombs around the place. We hoovered them up :)

Another floor had slippery floors in some of the rooms.

On one floor we didn't get all the red coins, so on the next, I made sure to hang back so we could cover all the rooms more easily. Sometimes the floors are in a segmented line rather than a more fully interconnected network.

For the boss I had the x3 vacuum bonus! Woo! We defeated it very quickly :) setting a time of 16:04.

The knight ghost showed up in my vault as Fright Knight Greenie. It says that when he was alive he had that "princess was in another castle" problem. I guess Mario wasn't the first one after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment