Thursday 17 August 2017

2 monster hunter stories - my rite of kinship

Dear Readers,

It was a year after the attack of the Nargacuga and it was time for my Rite of Kinship where I got to become a true Rider.

This began with more mingling and catching up with Lilia. She still wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her life but she didn't want to become a Rider. Cheval already had a Kinship Stone with him but he became more distant and cold since his mother died the year before. Poor guy. :(

On the way to the ceremony I stopped and chatted with "Catechizing Felyne" which is a wonderful pun! Also a confirmation to me that this demo is in American English. I continued up the path to the Hall of Rites.

Chief Omna called me a Monstie boss for bonding so easily with the Rathalos from last year. Dan was here too and very enthusiastic about the ceremony. I was given a Kinship stone and the hatching ceremony began.

The egg stirred violently and hopped around in a humorous scene, but it turned out it was a Mysterious Felyne trying run off with it! It introduced itself, putting a pun in nearly every sentence like "purrpose" and "eggsactly". I'm gonna like this character :) I love the way it does all these cartoony flashes of fur when it moves around :) It introduced itself as Navirou and we joined forces. I guess they'll be the Navi for this game.

The ritual continued and an egg hatching touch screen mini-game started, with taps of the egg delivering stat boosts like attack and defence. Interesting mechanic. It hatched and a Velocidrome popped out.

Dan told us we had to cleanse the Kinship Stone in the waterfall at the Mt. Pondry Caves.

On the way out, the Catechizing Felyne wondered if they and Navirou could be "furends". Ahahahah :D

Navirou asked to see what my house was like and I showed him around, learning about the various things I can do here in the game.

At the village gate, Dan gave me his Rider's Notes and told me I have an AWESOME future waiting for me. Neato :) Now for adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment