Tuesday 13 September 2016

1 ALIEN MAZE - SPACE INVADERS FAN FICTION SEQUEL

ZX Spectrum Vega game #0031

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this first person maze game by V. Ward from 1983, which introduces itself as a story follow up to Space Invaders! Ah, fan fiction :)

It's got a nice title screen that alternates between different colours.

The instructions are dense... but they're vital! I don't think I'll follow them for now, I'll just wander around this maze and talk about what that's like for this post.

Walking around the maze is slow and deliberate. You take one step at a time and each step is separated by the sound of someone taking steps in an old computer kind of way. So it takes ages to get anywhere and I'd say I'll have to draw down the layout of this map if I do decide to play it seriously. Just now I ended up back at the entrance after a bit of slow plodding and hearing those step sound effects being repeated over and over. It's as slow to do turns.

I think that's it for now. If I decide to continue another time, I'll try and solve the Space Invaders' maze and disarm the bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment