Thursday 15 September 2016

1 ALL IN A DAY'S WORK - WANDERING WITH AGENT WAUCHOPE

ZX Spectrum Vega game #0033

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this text adventure by Jonathan Scott, Stephen Boyd and Zenobi Software from 1996. So they were still going by the time 1996 came along? That's pretty cool!

It's a detective game where I have to find evidence of a murder that happened. I also have a female sidekick whom I can give orders to by typing them in, which is an interesting angle.

I put in a few commands and wandered outside with my sidekick Agent Wauchope. We went to her car and got in and back out and wandered a bit more. I could even talk to her about something but I didn't know what to talk to her about or figure out what to do.

I might revisit this game again someday. It's pretty sophisticated with mechanics like this. It might be kind of a pain to type out Wauchope's name constantly though.

I kinda wish these games had multiple choice, like from a menu...

No comments:

Post a Comment