Wednesday 28 September 2016

4 DRAGON QUEST VII - VISITING ESTARD TOWN

Dear Readers,

Maribel and I took our first steps out of Pilchard Bay. The music that plays here is is a nice light almost marching style theme. It's a decent theme for an overworld.

The non-inverted camera here really messes me up though... I hope this doesn't become an issue later on.

My character has a good running animation and moves nice and swiftly across the map. Maribel runs with her arms out behind her like someone from Naruto or some other ninja anime.

Explored a tiny bit and found a medicinal herb by the house of the weird man who likes animals. Maribel nagged at me when I tried to go anywhere else so we just went to Estard.

There's a house and a treasure chest on the cliffs below Estard... Must keep them in mind...

As soon as we arrived in Estard, Maribel ran off! The woman near the gate said there were plenty more fish in the sea and that Maribel liked me a lot more than she's letting on. Hm... how teasey.

I mingled around the square. The guy in the red hat liked that it was another trouble-free day. The man in green talked about clearing out old rusty swords and shields as it was so peaceful. Men in green are shopkeepers. I guess I should've realised that sooner, having played most of the series...

The old man said he noticed a girl going into the shop and that she could be the sweetheart of a guy named Piers. The little boy cried about how Pike stole his sweeties!

The nun talked about Prince Kiefer being troublesome for his father, King Donald. So uh... for a moment it felt weird to have a recently released video game have a character named "King Donald", but then, since his son is named "Prince Kiefer" I can immediately realise they're named after Donald and Kiefer Sutherland. I wonder if anyone breathed a sigh of relief when they realised this?

I had a chat with the ladies at the well. The younger one had admiration for my father, but not so much for my Uncle Pike. The older lady said that Pike and Kiefer were the only two things that weren't perfect about the town. They wouldn't let me check out the well... ah well, I'll check it out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment