Tuesday 11 July 2017

1 kirby planet robobot - hooray for hints! first level

Dear Readers,

With Kirby Triple Deluxe completed 100%, I finally took a dive into this new game. I say that, even though it came out last year! It's still new to me!

First off, I gotta mention how much I love that the rare items now have hints pointing to the levels in which they can be found. In Triple Deluxe, the rare keychains didn't have hints. Stickers are this game's equivalent and they have hints which is a big quality-of-life improvement and it was exactly what I wanted, even though I didn't ask for it!

I jumped right into the game. The opening cinematic with the alien spaceship invading Planet Popstar was pretty spectacular. King Dedede was playing chess with his Waddle Dees when he saw all the aliens rain down from the sky. He tried to shoot at them with cannons but the aliens started wrecking his castle. Meta Knight tried to confront the aliens with his Halberd but got shot down. As for me as Kirby? I was asleep under a tree while this was all going on! When I woke up, Popstar was changed dramatically. Everything looked half-mechanised and trees were encased in light bulb-like domes. I then set off to deal with what was going on.

The way Popstar became all mechanised reminds me of the Mother 3 logo, which is part trees and part metal. That contrast is pretty weird and interesting. You can get that impression of the first level's music, which is part Kirby first level jingle and part robotic, chiptune sounds. It's nicely done!

Gameplay is largely the same as Triple Deluxe. In this first level I saw some cool new stuff like metal pipes you can use like warp pipes from Mario. Some of the Waddle Dees now have industrial hard hats too, which is pretty cool :)

Someway into the first level, a big mechanised Whispy Woods started coming after me. I couldn't do any damage to it so I eventually had to flee through a pipe. The cyborg tree monstrosity continued to drill at the pipe on its side and let out beastly roars. I continued on.

I came across a Code Cube, which are like the Sun Stones of this game. They'll unlock stuff if I collect them no doubt.

I finished the level and picked up many stickers to start my collection. I'll list them out next time. Sadly I couldn't find the rare sticker for this level. At least I have the hint for it!

So yeah, nice game so far. Frame rate is decent but sometimes takes weird dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment