Friday 14 July 2017

4 kirby planet robobot - 1-4 robobuilding

Dear Readers,

Level 1-4 started with a dramatic camera pan of a tall, highly mechanised structure. Then it played the same upbeat jingle from the other levels as I made my way up the long spiral ramp to the entrance.

Some lasers fired from the foreground and background. Kinda cool looking at them closer to see if I could avoid them without having to jump or slide! The 3D really emphasises the position of the beams.

The level's BGM is a remix of a stage I remember from Dream Land 3 at least.

There's chain link fencing in this level... I don't know if there was a chain link fence in any other Kirby game... I just know Super Mario World had it.

The first Code Cube I found by following the path directions on the wall in the background.

I found the rare sticker by shooting a lone grey block while climbing the fence.

The second Code Cube is beyond the Candy and under the next platform.

Ah, so the Beam ability can now activate electric wires! Just like with fuses and fire :)

The third Code Cube is behind one of these wired doors. I had to use the mech suit to carry a block that connected wires. Kinda clever! Electricity would travel much faster than a burning fuse and wouldn't work by moving the block, but whatever. It's fun :)

It's cool how the mech suit can climb the fences too!

Here are the stickers I got from this level:

Rick from Kirby's Dream Land 2
Waddle Doo Ball from Kirby Power Paintbrush - got this already :/
Adeleine from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - This level's rare sticker. We don't see her much... This game was also one of the more difficult in the series!
Deluxe Logo from Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Chilly from Kirby Nightmare In Dream Land

38 stickers in my collection now. I don't think I'll bother noting doubles anymore. Hard to believe I'm getting them this early in the game...

On finishing the level, the Code Cubes I had collected opened the barrier that was blocking the way to the boss. Woo! Will face it next time!

On top of that, since I had now collected 10 Code Cubes, I unlocked the way to an EX Stage. Yay! Maybe I'll do this stage next time instead... we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment