Friday 7 July 2017

21 super mario maker - 8-1 tank! tank! tank! by mop it up

Course ID: 8A28-0000-016A-E697

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this Mario 3 autoscrolling airship stage by my friend Mop it up.

This is just like the tank stages from world 8 in the actual Mario 3 game! In fact, whenever I died, I expected to be whirled back somewhere on the map screen before I realised it was Super Mario Maker!

The tank wheels were represented by conveyor belts to give the impression of motion when you take into account the autoscrolling movement of the stage. Pretty clever!

Good power up distribution and some nice chances for 1-ups as well.

That last bit with the alternating flame cannons was very tricky, especially with the giant cannons just ahead too. I just damage boosted past here.

But again, yeah. I was half-fooled into thinking I was playing a level with actual original Mario 3 level design and that's something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment