Sunday 9 July 2017

4 kirby triple deluxe - all 256 keychains collected! 100% game!

Dear Readers,

I uncovered the locations of the last two keychains to elude me! Thank you walkthrough!

I went to Level 4-3. The walkthrough said that it was on the spiked steps, but one of the steps didn't have spikes and instead had a hidden door. I would never have found this on my own... I would've been too distracted navigating the mirror imaged room! In any case, I would've had a lot of trouble trying to find it at this late stage in my collection. I wish the levels had markers for this kind of thing!

There was a nice Hypernova section in this level where I was sucking up ghosts that were trying to play tricks on me, so it was still fun to revisit :)

The keychain I got was UFO Kirby from Kirby's Adventure.

Then I went to Level 6-2. I had to deal with Coily Rattler here. Defeated it skillfully with the Archer ability :) I really like charging up an arrow to shoot. It worked against Kracko really well too.

As for the keychain, It was hidden in the background on the lower left during the Kracko battle. It's there just peeking out the corner the whole time and I hadn't noticed it! Guess I was always too distracted by the spectacle of battle.

This last keychain to complete my collection was Dark Mind from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. Got a nice message of congratulations, saying I was the keychain master!

Then, on returning to the stage select screen I got a huge emblem message, saying I had the game 100% complete. At last!

Then, on returning to the file and game menu, I unlocked the final movie! It was just a short little CG animation of Kirby in a top hat and King Dedede doing the Kirby dance together on stage in front of a cheering crowd. Short but sweet!

Also, there was a lovely "100% Completion" sign on the file along with Kirby's smiling face on a very shiny sun stone!

The Keychain Collection menu now plays the Hypernova theme from later in the game. So good to see it complete :) the weird thing is though, you can still spend Play Coins to get random keychains and of course they'll all be doubles.

Many thanks to GameFAQs user endergamer537 for posting a keychain guide, which you can find here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997844-kirby-triple-deluxe/69172657 It was really helpful!

Again, I would've liked it if the levels themselves had a map screen marker, indicating that you had found the rare keychain within.

No comments:

Post a Comment