Thursday 13 July 2017

3 kirby planet robobot - 1-3 a train level! :D the new doctor ability

Dear Readers,

Now for area 1-3. It started off with a tutorial about Amiibo usage. Bleh. But then the level reavealed itself as a train level! This platformer starts off strong :)

Here I got to try out the new Doctor ability! It's pretty cool. You can do different stuff with potions and can come up with freezing, fiery, icy and electrical attacks. You can also come up with health replenishing potion as well. You also get to throw pills like Dr. Mario.

So yeah it's a nice train level. First Code Cube is where you switch places with a Gordo by using a battery.

There's a pipe you can reveal at the end of this section, which leads to a different door.

After a while I found another room with the second Code Cube. A room full of Gordos! All at different positions where the idea is to use the 3D slider. In the top right corner is a pipe that leads to a room with a mech suit.

It felt pretty good to be able to smash those swinging hammer things when I couldn't before!

There was a point where I could climb up and smash my way out onto the roof of the train, which blew me back along to where I found the rare sticker! Woo!

The third Code Cube I found by parking the mech suit, grabbing the battery underneath and running back along to where I could insert it and switch the Gordo with the Cube itself.

So yeah, this is a big industrial freight train. The music brings the atmosphere of a spacious industrial interior like a big mine or a warehouse or something.

I got to the front of the train where I found a snoozing hard hat Waddle Dee and a Warp Star. I warped out of there without disturbing him.

I arrived back out in the ordinary Patched Plains, where I came across robot enemies on either side of me. I unscrewed the screws on top of their heads and they were pretty much finished! But then, a much bigger robot named Gigavolt appeared from the background!

Gigavolt looked fearsome, but moved slow enough to be manageable. It used its fists to take swings at me. When its fists landed they hung around for a while so I could take shots at them. When its fists broke and revealed screws, I unscrewed them, which made its arms break off. After its arms broke off, it was time to attack the screw on its head before its missiles could reach me. I got it in good time, which defeated it completely :) It then revealed the end of level door.

Here are the stickers I got from this stage:

Waddle Doo Ball from Kirby Power Paintbrush
Number 7 from Kirby Planet Robobot
Sailor Waddle Dee from Kirby Super Star Ultra - this was the rare sticker for this level and it's from Revenge Of Meta Knight! Th-Thump!
Beetley from Kirby Triple Deluxe - Loved this new ability from that game. Hope it makes a return in this one!

Here are some more stickers I got from using Play Coins:

Dynablade from Kirby's Fun Pak - or more specifically, her head
Kirby from Kirby's Dream Course - this one is of two balls with Kirby faces fighting over the hole. They both look really angry! Just like the Game Grumps faces in the fan-made Grump's Dream Course!
King Dedede (Tambourine) from Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe - It's a mouthful to say all that!
Number 5 from Kirby Planet Robobot

The last one was a double. Looks like it's the exact same lottery system as in Triple Deluxe.

This brings the total number of stickers I have to 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment