Thursday 22 April 2021

4 the starship damrey - the noisy generator room

Dear Readers,

I started navigating the corridors with AR-7. I came across a door that lead to the Cold Sleep chamber. I wanted to check it out as that was where I was controlling the robot from.

I checked the window and saw 8 Cold Sleep capsules. I then learned that Cold Sleep was an essential part of warp-based travel where crew members were divided into shifts that rotate in and out of Cold Sleep to preserve their bodies. Hmm...

I checked the door to the room which was locked. The computer voice told me it was locked because internal oxygen levels were currently below safe.

Opposite the door to the room was another door that lead to the airlock. The airlock door was locked and only the captain's ID could open it.

I took the robot back to the hall and took the next route to the Generator L door. I was able to unlock this at least. I went inside and it was pretty noisy. I exterminated a space leech that was inside and poked around.

I saw some oil tanks, generators and a switch board, where the switch for the elevator from earlier was powered off. It didn't say why it was powered off though. I powered it back on with a flip of the switch.

I then checked out the oil tank. There was this weird creaking sound. Another space leech? I couldn't see anything though except for a lever. It said to place a container here so I could pour oil into it. I couldn't use anything otherwise.

The space leech I then found around the corner and exterminated it. After this, I left the room where it was a relief to be away from the noisy generators!

No comments:

Post a Comment