Sunday 5 June 2022

232 zelda breath of the wild - tracking and hunting the dragon naydra for horn shards

Dear Readers,

The next upgrade for the Champion's Tunic required Shards of Naydra's Horn. I revised what I already knew about this dragon's flight path and set out to learn more.

What I knew already was that during the night, Naydra flies from Lanayru Road and through Rabia Plain, Samasa Plain, and Lanayru Bay before turning upwards roughly around Tarm Point. I didn't find any great points where I could get a clear shot at its horn quickly so I went exploring,.

#122 Blue-Maned Lynel

I explored Talus Plateau and Lodrum Headland. I found a camp full of Black Lizalfos and another variety of the terrifying Lynels. I decided to go down to the coast so I wouldn't get in trouble.

At Tarm Point I found a boat and decided to take it to Wintre Island nearby. There were a couple of Lizalfos swimming around here so I whistled at them to get their attention before taking them both out with arrows, sidestepping their water spit.

On Wintre Island I found my 83rd Korok Seed by chasing a flower around. At one point it appered on one of the pointed rocks just off the island. I got it no problem though. I found my 84th Korok Seed by completing a stone circle that was here. A treasure chest half buried here had 100 rupees in it as well. Some chests in the sea around here had a Giant Boomerang (to the north) and a Zora Spear (to the south).

I decided to take my research further up Naydra's path, in Lanayru Promenade. This canyon seemed like the perfect shape for a dragon to fly through down low. I was happy to see I was right! Nadra flew down from Mount Lanayru and "promenaded" through the canyon. I shot it in the horn, which was like a crazy hairstyle. It froze me solid and I lost a fairy when I landed... Oh well. I climbed back up the ruins and gathered the horn shard! Woo!

The next night I fine tuned my strategy but then Naydra froze me solid on the spot and flew past before I could get a chance to shoot it! Dang!

The night after that I made sure to shoot it before it was too late. I shot it before I got frozen this time!

I gathered enough of Naydra's Horn Shards to have a surplus, so I went back to the Great Fairy and upgraded the Champion's Tunic. I can't upgrade it further for now, but I can hunt for more stuff to upgrade other gear. I'm gonna try hunting for 15 Ice Keese Wings and 10 Voltfruit to upgrade what I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment