Thursday 4 February 2021

216 ace attorney 6 - the secret of amara's baby

Dear Readers,

When Nahyuta confessed to killing Inga I screamed his name and the gallery was in uproar. Ga'ran smirked. I slammed my bench and yelled at him to retract his confession and admit Ga'ran put him up to this! He told me I was out of line. No one saw this coming, not even Phoenix.

The judge was stunned as well but asked Nahyuta to testify. He said killing Inga was divine judgement and that his mother was covering for him. I asked him did he really want to get the death penalty and he said so be it if that was the law.

It came time for me to cross-examine Nahyuta. Phoenix wondered if there was something we didn't know about that Ga'ran had on him. I pressed him on statements until it got to asking a question. I asked him had he not known Nayna was his own mother? He then revealed that it was fifteen years ago when Dhurke abducted his mother. I didn't know this myself as I had already been sent away at that point to the U.S.

The woman's photo was thought to have been taken 23 years ago. Dhurke told me so. Nahyuta mentioned this happened 15 years ago though. What did this mean? Time to find out! I raised an "Objection!" using the photo. This discrepancy totally changed our knowledge on one detail in the photo that didn't make sense: The baby. Nahyuta couldn't have been a baby at 10 years old. When I told him that he sweated bullets. It became time to point out who the baby was. I pointed out Princess Rayfa with a "Take that!"

I was about to announce her name, but Nahyta said "Hold it!" and he couldn't allow me to name an innocent soul as the child of terrible sinners. I understood, as it would endanger who he'd been trying to protect.

It came time to show why it would be harmful to Rayfa and this one I got wrong a few times. I showed Dhurke's law badge, his book, the woman's photo, but the answer was spelled out in Amara's Assassination File that Dhurke compiled. It was that line "the sins of the father are visited upon his children" and I asserted this was how Ga'ran came to use Nahyuta's sister against him.

Rayfa stepped forward and asked Nahyuta had he been trying to protect her all this time in secret? He calmly said he was doing it for his queen and country and his personal feelings didn't matter. Ga'ran was pleased with his conduct and promised him his sister would be protected and the kingdom would prosper. He said that was all he could ask for with his meagre existence.

I fully understood him now and why he was like this the whole time, but the Nahyuta I knew wouldn't want his life to end like this. I knew there was still hope in his heart. It was for this reason I raised a big "Objection!"

No comments:

Post a Comment