Wednesday 4 March 2020

135 undertale - the truth about alphys' experiments

Dear Readers,

Now that all the True Lab keys were inserted, I was able to go through that multi-colour locked door.

I went through and found myself in another elevator, but it had lost its power. There was a hallway to the west so I followed it.

There were two monitors here, but they had no power either.

I followed the corridor until I came to a room with a switch that controlled the elevator's power. I switched it on and suddenly, these four huge white amalgamate creatures came up behind me! They creeped up and just before they were about to attack, Alphys yelled at them to stop!

She appeared behind them and said she got some food for them. They backed off. She apologised to me, saying they got kind of sassy when they didn't get fed on time. She was going to turn on the power and I was one step ahead of her. She said this must've been an inconvenience for me, but she was really appreciative of me being here to back her up. She said she was afraid of not coming back, but not because of those guys, but because she was afraid to tell the truth. She said she might have ended up running away or doing something cowardly.

Aw... she looked so sad...even her sprite looked sad.

She then said she owed me an explanation. She said Asgore told her to study the nature of souls. She was able to isolate a power she called "determination". She said she injected it into dying monsters so their souls would last after death. It turned out to be a failure. She said monsters' bodies didn't have enough physical matter to take those concentrations of determination, unlike humans. She said their bodies started to melt, and lost what physicality they had. After a while, the test subjects melted together into those things.

When she saw them, she knew she couldn't tell their families about it. She couldn't tell anyone about it, no matter how much everyone was asking her. She was too afraid to do any more work, knowing that everything she had done so far had been such a horrific failure.

But now, she said she had changed her mind about all of it. She was going to tell everyone what she had done. She said it was gonna be hard. She said she was sure there were going to be times where she was gonna struggle with believing in herself and that she would screw up again, but knowing that deep down, she had friends to fall back on, she knew it was gonna be a lot easier to stand on her own. She then thanked me.

The creatures came back. Alphys said it was time for everyone to go home. Then they all left.

Yay! I'm glad Alphys is able to deal with her problems now :)

I backtracked through the corridor and saw the monitors were on now and they had smiley faces. Yikes...

The eighth entry was here. In it, Alphys wrote that she had chosen a candidate and hadn't told Asgore yet, because she wanted to surprise him with it. She said in the centre of the garden, there was something special. The first golden flower that grew before all the others, the flower from the outside world. It appeared just before the queen left. She wondered what would happen when something without a soul gained the will to live.

The eighteenth entry was next. In it, Alphys wrote that the flower was gone. That was it. That's all it said.

I walked back to the elevator when my phone rang! I thought it didn't work down here? It was a bit of a surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment