Monday 9 March 2020

140 undertale - asriel's true form

Dear Readers,

Asriel transformed into something even more fearsome. Heavy serious boss metal music started playing.

He had multi-coloured wings, wide shoulders, long arms and narrow heart shaped body. Of course he had a big evil Toriel head too.

All I could do was Struggle! I couldn't move my body!

Asriel laughed, telling me to behold his TRUE power! He hit me with something and I lost my only remaining HP, but I refused again! Yay!

Asriel said he could feel it, that every time I died, I was slipping away and my friends forgot me a little more. He said my life would end here, in a world where no one would remember me.

That multi-comet-like attack he had was pretty hard to avoid.

He said I was still hanging on and that was fine, as in a few moments, I would forget everything, too. He said that attitude would serve me well in my next life!

I struggled more. He told me to show him what good my determination was now!

Eventually I struggled but nothing happened and the rest of the screen went black. The music stopped too...

I tried to reach my save file and nothing happened. I tried again and nothing happened. It seemed that saving the game really was impossible.

The game told me that maybe, with what little I had, I could save something else.

Suddenly it was back to the battle screen! Another version of the hopeful guitar music played! My ACT button was replaced with a flashing SAVE button! I picked it and I got a list of all my friends! I chose Toriel.

I reached out to Asriel's soul and called out to my friends. They were in there somewhere. Within the depths of Asriel's soul, something resonated!

The screen flashed and The Lost Souls appeared. It was Toriel and Asgore with their faces scrambled. I talked to Toriel and said I had to go if I wanted to save everyone. Something stirred within her. Both she and Asgore repeated one of their lines from before and I had to avoid an Asgore style bullet attack.

I hugged Toriel and said I was going to see her again. Same attack happened. Also the case with the Mercy option. I then said Preference, where I uttered my pie preference. Her memories came flooding back! Asgore saw her remember me and tried to remember me too! They shook it off and became themselves! Toriel said my fate was up to me now and Asgore said I was their future!

It was back to Asriel again. I could feel something faintly resonating within him. I then chose to save Papyrus and Sans! They both appeared with their faces scrambled. I turned blue too so I had to jump to avoid attacks like before.

I chose Papyrus and Joke. He hated it but Sans liked it. I picked Recipe and he was joyful but it didn't work. Puzzle made him want to help but it didn't help either. I chose Insult and Papyrus' memories came flooding back! Sans saw how nicely I was treating his brother and his memories came back too! Papyrus said I was his friend and he could never capture me! Sans said he was rootin' for me!

I then chose to save Undyne. She appeared alone and I turned green, which meant I had the shield. I chose Recipe but that didn't work. Fake Hit didn't work either. I then tried Smile, like she liked doing. Suddenly, her memories came back! She said she guessed some humans were ok!

I then chose to save Alphys. She appeared alone in her dress. I turned yellow, which meant I could shoot. I tried Nerd Out, asking her what her favourite cartoon was. She was excited but that didn't work. Neither did Encourage. I tried Call and she started to sweat and that made her memories come flooding back. She said her friends liked her and she liked us, too!

That was all of them! I could feel my friends' souls resonating within Asriel! When I chose to save, the option for "Someone else" came up. When I picked it, the music stopped...

As my friends remembered me, something else began resonating within the soul, stronger and stronger. It seemed that there was still one last person that needed to be saved. But who was it?

Suddenly, I realised. I reached out and called their name. Asriel said what was I doing?! The screen faded white and some pictures flashed by. It was memories of the first human falling down here and meeting Asriel and becoming friends.

Asriel had his eyes closed. When I chose the save option again, Asriel Dreemurr's name showed up! I chose it and he opened his eyes, saying what did I do?

Asriel asked what this feeling was. He asked what was happening to him. He tried to deny it, saying NO! He didn't need ANYONE! He then tried shooting comets at me again. It didn't work.

I chose to save him again. He said to stop it and get away from him! he said he would tear me apart and tried shooting at me again.

I chose to save him again. He said did I know why he was doing this? Why he kept fighting to keep me around? It then rained down on either side of me. I assume they were his tears.

I chose to save him again. He said he was doing this because I was special. I was the only one that understood him. I was the only one who was any fun to play with anymore. More tears fell.

I chose to save him again. He said that wasn't just it. He said he was doing this because he cared about me. He cared about me more than anybody else. More tears fell.

I kept choosing to save him. He said he wasn't ready for this to end. He wasn't ready for me to leave. He wasn't ready to say goodbye to someone like me again. More tears fell.

I kept choosing to save him. He cried out loud and pleaded with me to stop doing this and just let him win! He charged up a super powerful rainbow shot and blasted it at me! There was no avoiding it, yet there was no killing me either! My HP went into decimals, and continued going into even smaller decimal numbers the more he blasted me. But I was still standing and determined.

All that was left to do now was to pick save over and over and over. He said he was scared and alone and everything got darker around his head. The music got quieter until there was nothing else besides his head. Then everything faded white. The battle was over at last.

His original true form, a crying boy stood before me. He wore a shirt with green and yellow stripes. He said he was so sorry. Sentimental music started playing.

Sorry Asriel, but you can't make me play this game forever. Eventually I will stop playing, at least for a while.

Also, I'm beginning to think the first human really was me and it's just that I had the ability to save and reset. I'll think about this more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment