Tuesday 11 August 2020

41 ace attorney 6 - first encounter with nahyuta sahdmadhi

Dear Readers,

At the court, I psyched myself up for Trucy's trial. Athena told me about the prosecutor, that he had the power to accurately read a trial's karma and its ultimate fate, so he can lead a trial whichever direction he has in his head. Yikes. She said she got Ema to speak to him at least. Let's see what he is like...

The trial began and it was the good old judge again! Then there was the prosecutor, Nahyuta Sahdmadhi; a name that doesn't seem to have a pun, at least, not that I can see right now anyway. He delayed his introduction a bit, saying that he was praying and he was all humble and apologetic about it. He did seem very gentle-mannered and mystical. I finally meet this guy from the 3DS diorama preview image.

He laid out the situation, revealing Mr Reus' name as Manov Mistree. He took the position that this was a murder made to look like an accident. The judge asked if he believed it was the defendant that was behind it and he said that he had no other choice but to conclude as much after going through all possible scenarios.

Athena noted that Ema couldn't convince him after all.

The judge asked what our position was and I said that naturally we had the position that the defendant was innocent. Nahyuta (I need to get used to this) asked for my reasoning and I said that it was mainly because I believed in the defendant. He implied that wasn't concrete and said I had a putrid mind.

When I was about to beg his pardon he interrupted me with a foreign uh... objection of sorts and chanted something. The judge asked what it was and he said it was a Khura'inist incantation to awaken the foolish from their fruitless slumber. It was for me...

He said that if I interfered with his last rites for the victim, and didn't repent for the accused's guilt, then he would cast me down into the pit of hell, along with Trucy.

I resented these words and asked if this was any way to address someone in a court of law. The judge asked him to refrain and he said it was merely a sermon and that harsh words were often necessary. Yuck! What a slimeball he is himself!

The judge then asked me to be open-minded about this cross-cultural exchange. What? From a culture that hated defence attorneys?

The judge asked for the first witness.

I gotta say I really don't like this "holy" guy and his culture is garbage. I'm all fired up for this adversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment