Tuesday 25 August 2020

55 ace attorney 6 - the "too perfect" alibi

Dear Readers,

Retinz finally came out with it and revealed details about the victim. The poor guy was a fan and magician who followed in his footsteps. Retinz taught him all his tricks and even acted as his producer and he let him take on the Mr. Reus mantle.

The judge said that he had us all fooled indeed.

I jumped in and said in his hatred of Troupe Gramarye, he killed the victim, Mr. Mistree and framed Trucy for it! He then said he didn't, that Trucy found out and carried out the murder anyway. He insisted that it was a prank still. He still had his alibi about being at the TV station and went on to testify about it.

I guess that's why he was so confident in revealing who he really was, he could account for it perfectly. But still like, I mean, he conspired in the whole thing. I pressed him on all points but couldn't find anything.

It was looking bad and Retinz was going on about his grand illusion. It was time to bring up something we were told was there but actually wasn't, time to address this magician's misdirection. I had a choice of one of three things that we were assuming the whole time:
  • Roger Retinz's guilt
  • The culprit was on scene
  • The crime scene
I eventually got it right with the second one.

Then a thing came up about what resembled the shadow in the video. I picked Mr. Hat but that was wrong, so I picked the other shadow and that was what let me progress with talking about Mr. Hat. Some of these things are just silly...

The question then emerged about who the second shadow belonged to, if it wasn't Mr. Hat. The answer was Mr. Reus, the fake one, the victim and I had to pick the crime photo.

I pointed out that the prank script said he was to be hoisted up and that's what cast the other shadow. With this explanation, Retinz drew his cape and started sweating. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment