Wednesday 12 May 2021

2 xeodrifter - obtaining the submarine and the plane shift

Dear Readers,

After obtaining the submarine, I continued beyond, where I immediately had to use it to explore further. I dove deep and found a badly needed +1 health capsule. I continued and it looped back to the beginning of the area. There was another place to dive, but I needed something else to continue exploring. I could already see areas in the background but didn't have a way to explore them yet.

I returned to the spaceship and travelled to the purple planet next. This place had lovely music too. The green planet had very nostalgic sounding music whereas this one had music that seemed to capture the wonder of space exploration. Very nice style of music.

I had to use the submarine very early here and explored until I got to a big shelled enemy I had to fire at multiple times to defeat. I was able to do it handily. I came across many enemies that fired in four directions and passed by some areas with a background area too.

Some enemies with a big eye and horns shot in 3 directions. I was able to beat them by standing very close to them and shooting them out.

I went through a door that led to an area with light yellow coloured blocks. There was what looked like a dead end but was a secret passage to more health.

In the water along the walls were also these tiny enemies that weren't the easiest to see but I had to be careful not to bump into them.

The path led into an area with blue walls and continued until I met another boss! This was the same as the purple one but this was a different purple. I suppose you could say that first one was more magenta and this was more bluish purple. It had a similar pattern to the first and I was able to beat it on the first try, thanks to having more health.

When I defeated it I obtained the plane shift! With this I was able to switch between the background and this plane when the situation called for it. It looks really nice on the 3DS screen!

I used the plane shift straight away on the path ahead and it looped around to just before the boss' chamber. There was also a path blocked off by a huge metallic obstacle. Don't know how to deal with that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment