Saturday 29 May 2021

19 xeodrifter - 100% complete!

Dear Readers,

Before finishing up with this game I wanted to find the rest of the health upgrades and get 100%, so I went exploring everywhere again.

I covered the green planet but found nothing.

I then found a secret passage on the purple planet at the first shell enemy. I simply had to jump into the right wall and run across the lava to obtain it. Hooray! It was a nice find.

I searched the blue planet but couldn't find anything else.

I searched the red planet then, including the passage that led to the boss but I couldn't find anything. Finally I gave in and looked up a map, which showed a secret passage in the ceiling of the red planet map just after the lava dash in the top right. I took it for granted before that there wasn't anything there. In fact, I think this may be the only place in the game that has a false ceiling? I'm not sure though.

With that I now had 100% progress! I faced the boss again for the sake of it and I wiped the floor with it now that I had all the upgrades!

So what can I say? This scratches that Metroidvania itch we had during the 3DS era and kept us going for a while. I had the 3D slider on max the whole time and I'm going to miss having a map on a second screen when we leave this generation of systems far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment