Saturday 1 May 2021

13 the starship damrey - the wonderful reference to 2001: a space odyssey!

Dear Readers,

I made my way to the Warpdrive Room, now that I had access, and went inside.

There was a ladder here that led to the cockpit, but robots couldn't access it. There was a space leech to exterminate at the back of the room and AR-2 was here. Its locomotion was nonoperational, its camera and arm were functional, and its battery was missing. Its arm was reaching for the panel that controlled gravity.

I attached the battery I was carrying and it started working! It was in the middle of switching the gravity to zero and carried it out fully.

What happened next really made me smile. My robot started floating to the tune of Blue Danube by Johann Strauss II, no doubt a direct reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey. It was awesome! :)

My robot floated all the way up into the cockpit, where there was a lovely view of a ringed planet. Then all of a sudden the robot came crashing down and the music stopped.

I looked around the room and behind me was another dead crew member in a spacesuit, sitting in the captain's chair. I identified him and it was indeed Captain Edward.

The regulation for the case in which the captain was deceased involved following the chain of command to install an acting Captain.

I was able to scan the captain's ID card, which finally allowed me to open all doors. Yay!

There was just the space leech to exterminate in the corner, and that was it. I left the room and got ready for more exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment