Monday 10 May 2021

22 the starship damrey - alex's profile and the silver ring

Dear Readers,

All that was left to do now was to find out what to do with the silver ring. The captain wanted to give it to Alex, but I still wasn't 100% sure where her room was. I had the option to leave the ring on almost everyone's desk and nothing really happened. I ended the game a few times, guessing which desk was Alex's.

Some rooms I knew for sure about their owners, but others I didn't know, like the one with the rugby ball or the one with the teddy bear. 

My possibility-exhausting guesses finally paid off when I left the ring on the desk with the rugby ball in the room. This was Alex's room!

Rewatching the ending with its static images and text boxes, it really does feel like a standard visual novel. I'd love to read more of them!

When I ended the game with the ring placed on Alex's desk, the ending played out as normal, but an extra bit was added on. Nick observed with shock that the robot left the ring on Alex's desk and he wondered if it was a sentimental gesture or further research.

With that, Alex's profile was finally unlocked! I checked it out and it said she was called back into the military after giving birth, due to the shortage of men. The captain found this very affecting, as he was a family man himself. He wondered if her child would regard her as their mother if she got back safely after all these years.

Alex was alive of course and in Cold Sleep, but there was a Keplarian on board that Nick had to deal with now.

The game was now 100% complete! So glad I finally finished this and it was a well made little game.

No comments:

Post a Comment